We Are Teens United.Empowering Teens, Aiding Communities!
Teens United is a non-profit organization run by teens who are passionate about serving their local communities in times of need and crisis. The Teens United core team consist of High School students from all around the country who were brought together with the idea of helping our neighbors and community.
Our goal is to provide a sense of security and hope to all.
But we can’t do this without you. Every single teen who comes to our site, along with all of our volunteers, has an enormous impact on our world. Thank you all for giving back during this pandemic, and we thank you for joining our team!
“Compassion. During this time of crisis, we can’t just think about ourselves. That’s why we created Teens United: to help others.”
– Nadia M., founder/ceo of Teens United
“Teens United’s Mission is to create a network of volunteers across America who are passionate about serving their communities.”
“Teens United’s Vision is to engage our volunteers during a time of need and to provide aid to the communities affected by an epidemic, a crisis, or a natural disaster.”
“Teens United goals are to empower Teens by giving them tools and opportunities to serve their communities, to provide news and advice that is relevant to the Teens, to provide safe and engaging activities for the Teens.”
Teens United Timeline
02 / 01 / 2020
Teens United is founded by group of high school teens who find themselves suddenly out of school and facing a global pandemic. Teens United defines its mission as empowering teens, aiding communities in need.
03 / 01 / 2020
Teens United launches its campaign: Teens United Against the spread of Coronavirus. Teens United starts offering free, contact-less home delivery services to seniors and others impacted by the Coronavirus pandemic.
04 / 01 / 2020
Teens United is officially incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia and registered as a 501(c)3 nonprofit with the IRS. TeensUnited.org website is designed and launched by the Teens to automate the delivery service.
05 / 01 / 2020
Teens United launches its social media channels on Facebook and Instagram. Teens United volunteers base grows from mere 10 to over 100. Teens United wins the Fairfax County sustainability Grant.
07 / 01 / 2020
Teens United volunteer base grows from 100 to 200 volunteers. Teens United wins a grant from SESCO corporation and a Google For Non-profit grant.
09 / 01 / 2020
Teens United expands its operations in Florida and New Jersey. Teens United social media followers grows to over 1,500 and volunteer base grows to over 400 members.
CTO: Chief Technology Officer
- Advanced knowledge in one or more backend programming languages
- Familiar with WordPress sites
- Teamwork and Collaboration skills
- Willingness to learn, adapt, and lead
Creative Director [OPEN]
- Knowledgeable in Graphic Design
- Can deliver pieces within timeframe
- Creative and willing to expand
- Leader and can work with others
Web Designer & Developer [OPEN]
- Min. 6 months experience Web Design tools: WordPress, and Adobe tools
- Some experienced in computer languages, preferably PHP, Java, HTML, XML, databases useful
- Website administration experience useful
- Excellcent communication skills with non-technical core team members
- Can meet deadlines & attend weekly core team meetings
- Credits Only
Grant Writer [OPEN]
- Experience writing grant applications
- Excellent English writing skills
- Be able to do grant research and qualify grant applications
- Excellent Communitation Skills and be able to attend core team meetings
- Can meet deadlines
- Credits Only
Become a CORE Member
You don't need to be an expert to be a leader. Teens United is looking for motivated, inspiring, and driven young adults to become part of our CORE team. Our application process is simple!